Thursday 6 March 2008

1st post


OK, so Sam is now 2 weeks old but since this is my 1st post I will re-cap the last 2 weeks:


I suppose I should start with my labour, it was hard work. I went into the hospital on the Monday due to some slight bleeding. Bryan came home from work and took me into the 'Maternal/fetal assessment unit' and we were monitered for 45minutes. The moniter showed Sam was fine but I was contracting every 5-7 minutes and I hadn't even realised. They examined me and I was 2cm dilated. I was sent home and told labor would probably start within the next few days. To cut a long story short of the next 48 hours I went back in twice ahaha!! each time I was told I wasn't in enough pain and to come back later. By Wednesday the 20th during the evening/night the pain was TERRIBLE really awful, hideous unescribable pain. I was being sick into a bin (nice) and making all kinds of strange noises! Bryan was at a loss as to what he should do, by 1:30 am he called the delivery unit, I was in too much pain to talk. They told us to come in. By the time we got there (2:30am) I was 9cm dilated and it was too late for pain relief! I had a LOVELY midwife who assured me everything would be OK and my baby would be here soon. My waters then broke with a massive 'pop' and splashed over EVERYTHING (including poor Bryan) and after just 38 minutes of pushing Samuel Casey Brown was born, the feeling was like nothing else on Earth, he was here and he was alright the relief was immense and the feeling of love that swept over me was crazy! I promptly asked the midwife 'does he have a face?' yes, i think the pain had melted part of my brain ahaha...her relpy was 'yes Sophie, he has a lovely little face'


We stayed in the hospital while they stitched me and checked Sam, he was weighed and we were left with our new son ...to 'bond'.


No comments: